Friday, August 1, 2008

Standing up and Being a Lady.

So as you know, we (mks) were in Budapest,Hungary for MKR ( Missionary Kid Retreat) this past week. Now, I love MKR. I get to see my friends, be around people who actually understand the things I'm going through, and know the same language as I do. So we got there and I was so excited. Tired, yes. But none the less, excited. So the first day, we see all of our friends, and were excited. My small group was, Rachel, Rebecca, Sarah, Anna, Rebekah Reece, Natalie and Lindsey. I mean, this wasnt just a small group, it was a family group. I love these people to death. Seriously. Love them. So we go through the first day and what not, then we all get settled in and what not. The next day is Sunday, and we go throughout our day and we have a great time. That day I had to jump into the pool with all my clothes on( I lost a bet :D ) and then later that night Rachel told me a bedtime story. All was good. I was having a great time, catching up with old friends, making new ones. I got to worship in English. I heard amazing things. It was just great.
And I thought it was great, and it really was.

Monday morning we woke up, and went along with our day as planned. Kurt, Rachel, Becca, Sarah and I were all sitting there talking and Stacey came in and said that she neeed to talk to Becca and Rach. We didn't think much of it until it was after quiet time and Uncle Ed Mckoen got up to talk. The first thing that came out of his mouth was, "We all know that we should praise God through the Easy times, and through the hard times...." He then proceeded to tell us that one of my favorite Aunts, had a heart attack the night before..and died.
That is one of the hardest things I have ever had to go through. In my life. I didn't cry as much as I have, ever. Not even when we moved. I mean. It's Aunt Teri. It's two of my best friends mom. All I can go back to, is it's Aunt Teri.

Everyone in the room was sad. But Russia field was distraught. People who really knew her, were distraught. My friends and I, were distraught. We still are. Anna, Sarah, and I all got together and prayed and cried as much as we wanted and needed to. We sang Hey Jude. We cried some more. We laughed about the silly stuff Aunt Teri used to do. We finally went back to our Villa and changed into clothes that made us feel better.(pajamas :)   Then we went back to the big room and talked to Kurt. He said somethings that really put things in perspective for me(The title of the blog is all him). I won't go into details, but he said that it's great to be sad. She was someone we truly called Aunt Teri. But that for the younger people,(and ourselves) we needed to Stand up and be ladies. That really got to me. So we went back to our villas and put normal jeans on.(it was the first step to being a lady.) 
  We were of course, sad all day. Then we (sarah anna and I) got to hang out and be there for Rach and Becca. That made it allot easier for me I guess. I honestly don't know why. But it did. 
I cried throughout the songs that night. I didn't really comprehend what was going on.

The next day was a little better. I mean. I don't think I will ever understand why Aunt Teri had to die. Nor do I want to. That's between God and her.  All I know is, that God is at work in our youth group. You can't help but notice it. Obviously the part where we heard that our beloved Aunt was dead was not the highlight of the week. But all in all. It was a great week. I made new friends. I got to be there for my friends that needed me. I got some amazing advice from amazing people. Heard some great 'sermons'. And overall just got closer to God.

Which after hearing about Aunt Teri, I didn't think I would happen. But it did.

I guess God is funny like that huh?


Well. Just thought I would share with yall, whats on my heart so.
There it was.
:)


So there you have it.


I'll post pictures and videos later :)


-Sb.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it was hard to hear about Aunt Teri but knowing that she is in Heaven enjoying herself is something wonderful to think about.

Anonymous said...

I've already told you how very proud I am of you in all this. You are a very special young lady. What would Aunt Teri want you to do and be?? I'm so glad you got to know her for the short time you did. What a blessing that is in your life. I'm so glad you can be there for Rachel and Rebecca. Love ya, BH

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about "Aunt Teri". Your mom has talked about her so much over the last 11 months I felt like I already knew her. What a great person she was! And apparently raised some awesome kids.

I am proud of you, the way you stepped up and did what was needed at the time. You have such a tender sweet heart, and I love you so much.

I am so proud of the person you have grown up to be! Talk to you soon.

Love,

Aunt Kay

Anonymous said...

Great writing! You should definitely follow up on this topic??

-Best Regards
Mamie

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure exactly why but this site is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a issue on my end? I'll check back
later on and see if the problem still exists.


my web page: cellulite treatment